Sensory play encourages learning through exploration, curiosity, problem solving and creativity. It helps to build nerve connections in the brain and encourages the development of language and motor skills.
Here we have a list of sensory play ideas for you and your little one.
The benefits of sensory play
- It helps to build nerve connections in the brain.
- It encourages the development of motor skills.
- It supports language development.
- It encourages 'scientific thinking' and problem solving.
- It can involve mindful activities which are beneficial for all children.